Applications are now being accepted for the 2018 FCA Huddle Leadership Scholarship. Applications can be mailed in or submitted online.
In partnership with WTLW TV-44, District 8 Fellowship of Christian Athletes is offering our third annual $500 scholarship to high school seniors who are actively involved in their school's FCA huddle at schools in Allen, Auglaize, Hancock, Hardin, Logan, Mercer, Putnam, Shelby and Van Wert counties in Ohio. Criteria for the scholarships will be based on the student’s huddle leadership, community impact, financial need, and leadership, both on and off the field. Each scholarship is a one-time award.
Qualifications for Scholarship Candidates
*Candidates must meet each of the following qualifications:
- A high school senior who will be continuing their education at a two- or four-year institution for the 2018-2019 school year
- A born-again Christian actively involved in a local church and his or her high school’s FCA Huddle
- Demonstrates a commitment to service in Christian leadership
- A person of integrity, honesty, and faithfulness
- Demonstrates a consistent Christian witness in their school and community
How to Apply
*Candidates must submit a completed application no later than March 14, 2018. To be considered, each application must include the following. An application will not be considered complete until all components have been received.
- A scholarship application
- A personal testimony written by the candidate including:
- His/her faith story
- How FCA has impacted him/her
- Why and how Christian leadership is important in his/her life, both on and off the field
- What he/she is doing to make a difference in the lives of those around him/her
- How he/she plans on using his/her college degree to further their commitment to service in Christian leadership
- A letter of recommendation from the candidate’s high school FCA Advisor
- A letter of recommendation from a pastor or youth leader well acquainted with the candidate
Applications must be submitted online or postmarked no later than March 14, 2018 to be considered.